Friday, December 1, 2006

Back !! podcast 7

I am back at work this week ( after three weeks holidays ), and working very long hours & sadly I have unable to give this blog my full attention...but I'm back on board today...so watch out !!

Thanks to all those people that emailed me, it's great to hear you're enjoying it !!

Anyhow I'm back, and so is Spearmint and poor old David Gedge of The Wedding Present is back having another bad time with girls !! I know some people think Poptones Records are the devil's work but one of them has popped up so be warned !!


podcast 7 link 1



Sideroom 7 Inch Singles Podcast #7
1.
Oh My - Arnold ( Poptones )
2. What Is There To Smile About ?? - Close Lobsters ( Fire 1988 )
3. The Flaming Lips - Spearmint ( Hitback 2001 )
4. My Favourite Dress - The Wedding Present ( Reception 1987 )
5. Poppies In The Field - The Teardrop Explodes ( Phonogram UK 1981 )
6. Out Of My Mind - The Backdoor Men ( Tracks On Wax Sweden 1985 )
7. Good For Me- Blow Up ( Creation 1987 )
8. Imperial - Primal Scream ( Elevation 1987 )
9. Heart of Darkness - The Sports ( Mushroom Aust 1980 )
10. Right Here - The Go-Betweens ( Beggars Banquet 1987 )
( duration 33 mins, 320kps mp3 )


Poor old Gedge...now it's some strangers hand on his favourite dress, a long walk home in the pouring rain and beauty eaten away by the scent of someone else in the blanket where they lay. Wow, whats next ?? What's worse there's something left behind !! Never mind, Davey maybe next time...

The Backdoor Men are Swedish !! Which is funny given I love the current Swedish scene. The Teardrop Explodes is from a Double 7 inch which also had Ha Ha I'm Drowning, Read It in Books and Bouncing Babies on it...so quite a package. Unlike the Go-Betweens which is also a Double 7 Inch but the second single - A Little Romance b/w Don't Call Me Gone..is..well, quite frankly ordinary. Not that I ever have much call to speak badly of the Gobs...just the other songs in the pack other than Right Here are not up to their usual standard. The Sports thing was a bonus limited edition single called "The Lost Demos" which came with the first 1000 copies of their Suddenly album in Australia. Heart of Darkness is actually the B-side, the A being called "Poor Mouth".

No comments: