Wednesday, December 20, 2006

the cover that won't scan !! Podcast 14

The cover to the Sugarcubes Birthday single simply doesn't scan properly...it's a bright flouro orange and scans as a putrid off-pink...the dodgy work below to make it look vaguely orange is all my doing. Interestingly it also doesn't photograph properly. Or at least not in my house, unless there's some strange magnetic phenomenom preventing me from capturing this cover properly ? Perhaps the ghost of Gene Pitney hassling me from the other world for dissing him recently? Weird.

Anyway I chose the b-side, the Icelandic version in honour of the mighty Dýrðin. I also dug up a double groove 12 of the Jesus & Mary Chain remixes of Birthday ( ironically called Christmas Eve/Christmas Day ) which will show up soon on the Humans Beware blog.

No problems with scanning the rather lurid Slaughter cover though !! This is a bit of a rag-tag bunch of singles today and will probably be my last until just after Christmas....speaking of which I hope you have a really happy time and a nice break :)

Podcast 14 - link




Sideroom 7 Inch Singles Podcast #14
1.
Birthday ( Icelandic version ) - The Sugarcubes ( One Little Indian 1987 )
2. I'll Follow You Down - Slaughter ( Creation 1987 )
3. No Word From China - Pel Mel ( Primate Aust 1981)
4. Dolphins - The Windmills ( STS Recs 1988 )
5. I Belong To Nobody - Flaming Hands ( Phantom Aust 1980 )
6. Do I Want To ? - Fuzz Box ( Vindaloo 1986 )
7. Confession - The Anyways ( Notown Recs 1987 )
8. Red Sleeping Beauty - McCarthy ( Pink 1986 )
9. Daydreaming - Greengate ( Fuzzy Box 1998 )
10. Beat Surrender - The Jam ( Polydor 1982 )
( duration 34 mins, 320kps mp3 )