Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Podcast 10 - a chain of events...

"The weather is variable...and so are you - but I can't do a thing about weather.." according to Magazine, well that's making me laugh because it's so the story of my day and a certain unpredictable person that's kinda doing my head in...but I digress...

that Magazine song ( About The Weather ) came out of the pile today and so did some Orange Juice, Wolfhounds ( they're reading tea-leaves...and faces !! ), also some James, Mighty Mighty, 14 Iced Bears, Comet Gain and Lucksmiths. All right...get down...

Podcast 10 link


'ere's what's on it...


Sideroom 7 Inch Singles Podcast #10
1.
La La - Flying Circus ( Columbia 1970 )
2. L.O.V.E....love - Orange Juice ( Postcard/Polydor 1981 )
3. I've Got It & It's Not Worth Having - The Lucksmiths ( Matinee 1998?? )
4. What For ? - James ( Sire 1988 )
5. All I Wanna Do - Jo Jo Zep & The Falcons ( Mushroom Aust 1980 )
6. About The Weather - Magazine ( Virgin 1981 )
7. Me - The Wolfhounds ( Idea 1987 )
8. Throwaway - Mighty Mighty ( Chapter 22 Recs 1986 )
9. Hands Fit - Comet Gain ( Piao 1999 )
10. Unhappy Days - 14 Iced Bears ( Sarah 1988 )
( duration 28 mins, 320kps mp3 )






The Lucksmiths is from a double single pack, a Sarah Records "tribute" ep on Matinee and it's a Boyracer song. The Flying Circus song is an ancient bubblegummy thing, and they're Aussies as well. It's in fact my older brother's record. He used to have all these boxes of singles in his bedroom in the lates 60's/early-mid 70's and as a young boy it was a fascinating world to me..."La La" being one of the ones I used to insist he play all the time. And on a deeper level, most probably his boxes of singles are why this particular blog exists !!

No comments: