Tuesday, May 27, 2008

#78 scratchy old Stephen

Pastel I mean....but that's how the Flexi sounds...

I guess it's sorta Pre-Creation Creation ! ie kicking off today with The Pastels from the "split flexi" with Laughing Apple - featuring of course a certain Mr Alan McGee - The Pastels getting a re-issue on Rough Trade afterwards..

Then some "Progressive Office Pools" in fact the b-side of the Models 2nd outing "Owe You Nothing", I always preferred "Progressive Office Pools" because it was more of a Duffield inspired keyboard weird romp akin to AlphaBravoCharlieDeltaEchoFoxtrotGolf as opposed to the prototype-punky-powerpop-post-Teenage Romance vibe of "Owe You Nothing"...so today you have to suffer that particular little prejudice of mine.

2 outings from Green Records - it's doyen of course a certain Mr Roger Grierson - with singles by The New Christs, the first I believe from that project by a certain Mr Rob Younger and another single by Naughty Rhthyms - one of the bands of the sub-ska scene of inner city Sydney in the early 80's, ie in the Allniters type sub set.

( Rushent of course at the controls with the Leaguers )

and Bring Phillip's 7", brought to you with all mid-80's the Sydney art college sensibilities they could manage !!

go on and enjoy :)

Podcast 78 link for mp3
Podcast 78 link for text file tracklisting



Sideroom 7 Inch Singles Podcast #78
1.
I Wonder Why - The Pastels ( "A Creation Artefact" Flexi 1983 ) ( 0.00 - 1.52 )
2. Progressive Office Pools - Models ( Model Records Aust 1980 ) ( 1.52 - 4.12 )
3. Isreal - Siouxsie & The Banshees ( Polydor 1980 ) ( 4.12 - 8.51 )
4. Face A New God - The New Christs ( Green Aust 1981 ) ( 8.51 - 13.09 )
5. Open Your Heart - The Human League ( Virgin 1981 ) ( 13.09 - 16.56 )
6. Look Like Me - Naughty Rhythms ( Green Aust 1981 ) ( 16.56 - 19.57 )
7. Me & Mr Sanchez - Blue Rondo A La Turk ( Virgin 1981 ) ( 19.57 - 23.55 )
8. I Like It Both Ways - Supernaut ( Polydor Aust 1976 ) ( 23.45 - 27.12 )
9. Comforts - Bring Phillip ( Major Recs Aust 1984 ) ( 27.12 - 30.31 )
10. Somewhere - Scapa Flow ( no label Aust 1980 ) ( 30.31 - 33.10 )
( duration 33mins, 320kps mp3 )





5 comments:

bazzil said...

Me and Mr Sanchez...
I remember that one quite well. I had to dig a long way down in my memory though.

sideroom said...

yeah it's an old JJJ classic...proabbly played by George Wayne a lot !!

Anonymous said...

MATE:

Models - Owe You Nothing.

IT HAS TO GO UP.

One of my all-time faves.
I one offered a DJ $20 for the single when she played it in a club.
That was maybe 1982, I would have been 18 years old and $20 could buy you a block of flats.

Whaddaya say..?

sideroom said...

baraholka - if you email me I'll send you an mp3 of both a & b side - save you $20 !!

Anonymous said...

Sidey,

That's the best offer I've had since 1982!

Only one thing = I'm on dial-up.
It'll block our email pipe for days and teh wife won't have a social life :-)

BUT HOLD THAT THOUGHT...

We're getting around to BroadBand eventually.

Cheers!

Barra.